English placement test
Fortschritt 0 Fragen
English 1/4 (15 Min.)
1. James ... to play football tomorrow.
2. When we got to school, we ... the bell.
3. This is an old photograph of me when I ... .
4. Jack is writing ... .
5. Where ... on Saturdays?
7. 'Do you like that shop?' Yes, I ... every week.
8. I feel very well because I went to bed very early ... .
9. My brother was ... .
10. Tony is looking at ... .
12. Whose flowers are they? They're ... .
13. Ken`s behind Mary. Mary`s ... Ken.
14. What`s that girl? ...
15. This is ... that.
16. When ... give her this book.
18. ... lovely food!
19. I'm going to give ... .
20. How's the baby? ...
21. His daughter is ... .
23. He had previously had a car but it ... several times during the spring.
24. We ... my cousin since last Christmas.
English 2/4 (15 Min.)
1. There are twelve of us, so ... get into the car at the same time.
2. Her children tell her that ... old to drive a car.
3. When there's a public rocket service to the moon, her father has promised ... her there.
4. ... at the moment, I'll go to the shops.
5. In a shop ... customers.
6. Your bicycle shouldn't be in the house! ...
7. He's a good guitarist, but he plays the piano ... .
8. Molly doesn't eat fish. ...
9. She always buys ... my birthday.
10. She hardly ever eats ... potatoes.
11. I ... to your letter of the 15th.
12. Your letter ...
13. If I ... about it earlier I would have told you.
14. I'll ring you as soon as I ... there.
15. John Marshall is a friend of mine. You ... him last year when you were in England.
16. He didn't thank me for the present. That's ... annoyed me.
17. I'll have to buy ... trousers.
18. She looks ... .
19. I've been looking for you ... .
20. Send him to the baker's ... the bread.
21. He didn't know ... or go home.
22. If you ... help you, you only have to ask.
23. I'm going to the theatre tonight. So ... .
24. He wants to get a better ... and earn more money.
25. I didn't hear what he was ... .
English 3/4 (15 Min.)
1. I wish I ... suggest something more suitable, but this is all we have.
2. ... for her birthday.
3. I ... since breakfast and I'm very tired.
4. His telegram said, 'I ... on the 7th.'
5. I don't think we've met before. You're confusing me with ... .
6. 'Did you see the man on top of the church last Saturday?' No, why ... .
7. He ... in his homework.
8. Will you be able to come to the meeting? ...
9. He was a good runner so he ... escape from the police.
10. ... a good thing they didn't catch you.
11. That's the course of studies ... .
12. I would like ... it again.
13. He came to the party ... he hadn't been invited.
14. He didn't take the flat because he couldn't afford the ... .
15. He stayed under water for two minutes and then swam to the ... .
16. She was sitting ... on the park bench.
17. We were in the station for at least half an hour, waiting ... to leave.
18. How long does the train take to ... to London?
19. Everyone in the factory has to be ... by 8 o'clock.
20. We talked about a lot of things ... the way to the office.
21. I ... you before now but I've been too busy.
22. My boss never gives me clear instructions. But you ... the same problems with your's, too.
23. Dinner will be ready ... but we have time for a drink before then.
24. We have ... for a new secretary but we haven't had any replies yet.
25. A hundred competitors had ... the race.
English 4/4 (15 Min.)
1. I've ... for the job and I hope I get it.
2. I never expected you to turn ... at the meeting. I thought you were abroad.
3. As far as he's concerned, one piece of music is very much like ... .
4. She was wearing ... beautiful clothes that I envied her.
5. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't ... again.
6. I crossed the room and ... a light shone through the window.
7. I wish I ... on the time the film started before we came out.
8. I'll ask the waiter for the bill when you ... your coffee.
9. There was a suitcase ... mine on the luggage rack.
10. He ... out of the window for a moment and then went on working.
11. I'd like to take ... of this opportunity to thank you all for your co-operation.
12. Our main concern is to raise the voters' ... of living.
13. For heaven's ... don't make a noise.
14. He reminds me ... someone I knew in the army.
15. He was ... that he called the doctor.
16. I daren't ... to upset her.
17. We've ... sugar. Ask Mrs Jones to lend us some.
18. I ... you that the goods will be delivered next week.
19. The Second World War ... in 1939.
20. We can never relax in this office. New problems are continually ... .
21. This test ... a number of multiple-choice questions.
22. Hot metal ... as it grows cooler.
23. He thinks about nothing but playing golf. He's completely ... to it.
24. He's always ... the Government but he never votes in the elections.
25. I'm sorry to ... you while you're working but I must ask you a question.
All questions answered 🎉